Dealmakers Training Sign-Up / Log In
Welcome to NAI Long Island’s Commercial Agent Development System. Our goal is to provide you with the knowledge and tools to create a real estate career that leads to the fulfillment of your personal and professional goals.
The 35 Dealmakers modules designed to help you attract more clients, complete larger transactions and close deals faster. The program is designed for both new and experienced brokers.
Each module includes a short video, a PDF workbook and exercises to help you master the content. It’s available online, on-demand, 24 hours a day. You can complete the program individually or together with your colleagues. The program is created and narrated by commercial real estate sales trainer Jeff Beals.
Below is a list of the modules offered within the training program:
DEALMAKERS has 35 modules, each a different sales-training topic.
Modules include a fast-paced instructional video and a matching workbook in PDF format.
Check out all of our course modules below! Click each heading to view key takeaways.
Module #1 – “Personal branding as prospecting”
- You will understand the three key philosophies of personal branding and their relevance to commercial real estate brokerage.
- You will have a clear understanding of your “sphere of interest” or “personal target audience.”
- You will start becoming a celebrity inside your sphere of interest.
Module #2 – “Personal branding II: “What to talk about”
- You will understand how to become highly respected and widely recognized.
- You will have your own area of self-marketing expertise.
- You will have a value proposition or elevator speech you can use to engage new prospects.
Module #3 – “Goal-Based Networking”
- You will be more motivated to network and more comfortable doing it.
- You will have a goal in mind each time you go to a networking event, thus increasing the likelihood that any given networking event will lead to new business opportunities.
- You will learn how other brokers in your office use networking to obtain new business.
Module #4 – “Virtual Networking”
- You will build a robust online presence making it easy for prospective clients to find you.
- You will become more noticeable online and easy for prospects to find.
- You will strengthen your messaging on LinkedIn, showing the value that you provide clients.
Module #5 – “Why Prospecting Is Harder Today”
- You will understand how to beat the rollercoaster ride that characterizes most brokers’ personal business cycles.
- You will understand why prospecting is harder now than it was in the past and how to respond to these challenges.
- You will get five ideas for succeeding in a difficult prospecting environment.
Module #6 – “Traits & Characteristics of Great Prospectors”
- You will learn how procrastination crushes your ability to generate new business and how to lessen your natural tendency to relax.
- You will gain a better understanding of the human propensity to fear rejection and manage it in order to prevent it from hurting your performance.
- You will understand choices you can make that might earn you a spot among the top 10 percent of brokers.
Module #7 – “Lead Generation: Creative Ways to Find New Prospects”
- You will learn several methods for generating new leads.
- You will go back to some old, familiar sources to get new lead-generation ideas.
- You will understand how to build relationships with decision makers who currently work with other brokers without violating real estate laws and regulations.
Module #8 – “Prospecting Organization & Execution”
- You will organize and prioritize your prospecting efforts through time blocking and better prospecting discipline.
- You will take what feels like a risk and contact prospects at a different time or a different way than what feels comfortable to you.
- You will start researching every prospect before you call him or her.
Module #9 – “Creative & Competitive Prospecting”
- You will learn how to build relationships with your competitors’ clients without “going behind the sign.”
- You will learn how to set barriers or hurdles between prospective clients and your competitors.
- You will gain a better understanding of how to use strategic gifts to win business.
Module #10 – “Subject Matter Expertise & Thought Leadership”
- You will understand the circumstances that are forcing real estate brokers to prospect for clients much more creatively than they did in the past.
- You will understand how business acumen, thought leadership and subject matter expertise allow you to engage cold prospects who otherwise would have no interest in talking to you.
- You will identify sources where you can acquire business information, and more importantly, market intel.
Module #11 – “Engaging Cold Prospects: What Do You Say”
- You will appreciate the need for compelling sales insights when contacting prospects especially cold ones.
- You will develop a list of internal and external insights you can use to craft prospecting messages.
- You will have a clear understanding of the role of insights in prospecting message development.
Module #12 – “The Sales Insight Formula”
- You will have a clear understanding of the role of insights in prospecting message development.
- You will be aware of what your prospects do and do not care about and will use that information to adjust your prospecting language choices.
- You will learn the Sales Insight Formula, which you should follow for the rest of your commercial real estate career in order to form messages you can use to engage cold prospects via email, telephone and voicemail.
Module #13 – “Email-Based Prospecting”
- You will understand the difference between marketing and prospecting emails.
- You will gain a deeper understanding of how prospecting emails should be structured.
- You will know best practices for email language and attention-getting subject lines.
Module #14 – “Telephone and Voicemail Prospecting”
- You will learn the components and qualities of effective voicemails.
- You will learn the best way to structure prospecting voicemails and where you can get content for those messages.
- You will develop actual voicemails you can use in your future prospecting efforts.
Module #15 – “Referrals: The Most Efficient Form of Prospecting”
- You will gain an appreciation for the usefulness of referrals in prospecting for real estate clients and overcome any reluctance you might have to ask for them.
- You will learn who to ask for referrals and when.
- You will be aware of certain norms and expectations of using referrals and communicating with the referral giver.
Module #16 – “What to Do When C-Suite Executives Are Your Prospects”
- You will gain an appreciation for prospecting inside large companies.
- You will see yourself as a detective, uncovering layers of evidence, when you prospect very large companies.
- You will learn how to exploit the traits and characteristics of c-suite executives.
Module #17 – “Winning Over Gatekeepers”
- You will have a greater appreciation for the necessary role that gatekeepers play.
- You will know what to say to properly engage a gatekeeper.
- You will be more confident in your ability to win over a gatekeeper.
Module #18 – “Sales Presentations: Building Your Message on Client Value”
- You will start sales presentations by listening instead of talking, thus making it less likely you will make harmful assumptions.
- You will gain a deeper understanding of and appreciation for what prospects truly value.
- Your sales presentations will become more effective, because they will be better structured and personally customized to what prospects value.
Module #19 – “How to Build Trust with Prospects and Clients”
- You will be more diligent in your communication look for moments-of-truth you can “pass” to prove your trustworthiness to clients.
- You will be able to use social proof as a way to reassure prospective clients that you are a trustworthy broker.
- You will have a new sense of urgency, knowing that rapid responsiveness is now equated with trustworthiness.
Module #20 – “How to Avoid RFPs”
- Why RFPs are a losing proposition and how to get over your fear of not responding to them.
- How to tell a prospect you don’t respond to RFPs unless you are allowed to control the RFP process.
- Dealing with Industries in which RFPs are simply part of the culture.
Module #21 – “How to Justify Your Commission”
- You will gain a higher level of confidence in your ability to justify your commission or fee.
- You will understand what to do during the selling process so that commission discounting is less important to your client.
- You will have effective responses to fee objections ready to go at a moment’s notice.
Module #22 – “Overcoming Objections”
- You will learn not to panic when you hear an objection, and instead, see it as an opportunity to advance the selling process.
- You will learn ways to deal with objections that commonly appear in commercial real estate brokerage.
- You will learn best practices for responding to objections.
Module #23 – “What to Do When a Prospect Goes Dark”
- You will understand why prospects go dark, and that in many cases, it’s not about you or your property.
- You will learn several steps you can take to re-engage the prospect.
- You will develop language you can use to bring dormant clients back into the fold.
Module #24 – “Closing Deals”
- You will understand why some brokers are hesitant to close and how to overcome such feelings.
- You will be able to set up the close by doing things right throughout the selling process.
- You will develop language you are comfortable using when it comes to closing time.
Module #25 – “Time Management for Commercial Real Estate Professionals”
- You will learn to avoid perfection and over preparation.
- You will recognize and become better at avoiding the biggest time wasters.
- You will get real techniques that top producers use to maximize their time.
Module #26 – “Sales Detox: What Do You Need to Stop Doing?”
- You will learn some of the most problematic, anti-productive habits that many commercial real estate agents unfortunately possess.
- You will start a deliberate effort to “declutter” your real estate practice and your personal life.
- You will stop making business development harder than necessary by focusing on prospecting language that actually works.
Module #27- “How to avoid losing clients while winning new ones”
- You will understand how the concept of “loss aversion” affects your selling psyche.
- You will protect your downside by analyzing vulnerabilities in your current client profile.
- You will implement a sales differentiation strategy.
Module #28 – “How to Sell to Multiple Decision Makers”
- You will recognize the negative consequences when additional decision makers are involved.
- You will start to identify alternative decision makers when you first start communicating with a prospective client company.
- You will understand the roles employees play at companies and how each role can help or sabotoge your chances of winning new business..
Module #29- “Painting a Picture: Using Stories as Selling Tools”
- You will apprciate the utilization value of stories in the brokerage process.
- You will will structure stories in a way that maximizes communication impact.
- You will discover new stories you can put to use in your selling efforts immediately.
Module #30 – “Qualification: Some Prospects are Too Good to Be True”
- You will gain an appreciation for the role and importance of qualification.
- You will identify your prospective client qualification profile.
- You will eliminate inappropriate prospects quicker and earlier in the dealmaking process.
Module #31- “How to Be more Persuasive”
- You will employ the same persuasion skills used by CEOs and executives as you prospect for new clients and attempt to close pending deals.
- You will understand the basic principles of persuasive communication.
- You will ethically temper your use of these powerful persuasion tools by focusing on what prospects value while building trusting relationships with current clients.
Module #32 – “How to Get More Testimonials”
- You will learn how testimonials are a form of “social proof” and why they are valuable selling tools.
- You will get a behind-the-scenes look at how top producers obtain testimonials.
- You will know how to get the most impactful testimonials possible.
Module #33- “How to Harness the Power of the Media”
- You will develop an appreciation for the power of media and how it can make real estate prospecting so much easier.
- You will avoid the pitfalls of working with the media.
- You will know how to be an expert source or guest for articles, broadcasts and podcasts.
Module #34 – “Active Listening: Are Buyers Really Liars?”
- You will appreciate why miscommunications occur between brokers and clients and how to avoid them.
- You will enhance your active listening skills.
- You will balance your need to listen with your desire to talk.
Module #35- “Brokerage Detective Work: Finding the Real Decision Maker”
- You will cut through the fog of confusion that often exists when you are trying to figure out who makes decisions in large organizations.
- You will see yourself as a brokerage “detective” who must gather “intel.”
- You will improve your ability to identify key influencers early in the process while being wary of false influencers.
I look forward to watching you grow while on your journey through the Dealmakers Training system.
There is no faster or better way for you to become a successful commercial broker than this program. We expect you to keep to the highest standards of performance, and you will periodically be evaluated on your performance by your Mentor and others who are here to help you succeed. We’re confident that you will be excited and happy to develop into a high-functioning commercial real estate practitioner, and we look forward to you having a successful career.
Remember that winning is a habit, and unfortunately, so is losing. We want you to be a part of our winning team. All the resources are before you now. Do you have the work ethic, dedication, and Go-Getter mindset to learn what you need to learn to leverage these resources? We think you do, or you wouldn’t be here.
Lee Rosner, Managing Principal